Saturday, July 26, 2008

Part I

so here it is. i have come to the point where i feel all moved in to my new place - so now i can show it to the world (or the select few who care). the photos are a bit out of order and this is only part 1 of 2, but here goes:



here is my shower and potty. i use these two babies every day. 



behold, the other half of my bathroom. i like the lights above my mirror. it makes me feel like a celebrity getting ready in an old-fashioned dressing room.






here is the part of the tour where you get really jealous of how humungous my closet is (she snickers).

my bed and notorious wardrobe from ikea. the mannequin is serving as a scarf rack, but maybe someday she will be used in a more creative way.




my bedroom. 
i found a really mod bookshelf at ikea that i use as my headboard. very functional - i love it. new curtains from urbanoutfitters.com (who is fast becoming a close friend).




and here is my front door and living room. there was really no method to my decorating, it's very ecclecticized (obviously made-up term), but it feels like me.


this is the view of the place when you walk in the front door. my bedroom is on the other side of the red wall.














this is also what you see when you walk in the front door. living area to the right, kitchen to the left and down the hall on the right is the bedroom, across from which is my bathroom. the door straight ahead leads nowhere. the fossil bag hanging on the doorknob to the door that leads nowhere is filled with sunglasses - big surprise.

Since you are probably reading this from the top down, this is the end of the tour. i truly hope that you will get to see it in person (if you haven't already). i have incidentally become a very good hostess and enjoy having guests (so does boston).

thanks for taking my tour.
love/miss/namaste.






0 comments: