Saturday, April 4, 2009

alright, alright

i apologize for leaving a month and a day between posts. i promise i will be better. here is a quick recap of the goings on:


- i am right on schedule with my 52 in '09 book readings. i'll be finishing up #7 today.  

- my dad signed me up to do this money managing class online (he and my mom did it and said it was very informative). i am learning a whole lot about saving and budgeting, which is great because i literally do not know where my money goes every month. i am bad. but now i have a budget so YAY! i am good

- legends of the fall is one of my favorite films now.

- i still love twilight and if you make fun of me, you'll get a bite to the jugular.

- i still really love my job. sure, sometimes i get fed up with people or get stressed out or annoyed at certain situations. but at the end of the day, what i do is so much fun - AND cool. i spend afternoons at the mall for competitive research and inspiration, i develop sunglasses that ultimately end up all over the world, i get to work with awesome people who encourage me and teach me so much every day - AND i laugh a lot. seriously, my boss christy and i are constantly giggling and singing things to each other. she is one of the most hilarious people i know. i'm really lucky to have such a great relationship with my boss. Fossil has it's drama, but i'm really happy where i am right now.

- last but not least: KH AND I ARE GOING TO EUROPE!! we booked our first vacation! this is a huge milestone for me. all vacations i have been on have been with my parents. THIS vacation - i didn't even ask them - i just booked it. know why? because i can. i am 23, who knew?? 

here are the details:
we fly from DFW to London direct on may 13 (arrive may 14) and spend a few days there. Then, we hop over to Paris for a 2-day jaunt (we are allocating the least amount of time there because neither of us speak the language and we are afraid of french people). we found a really cool "see paris in 2 days" itinerary online that has some great suggestions. THEN, we are going to BARCELONA. I am so freaking excited about Barcelona. we'll spend the most time there before we head over to Madrid to fly home. we'll be gone for 12 days :) it. will. change. my. life.

so, shivonne, you are an inspiration! if i don't come back, send a search party. 

love/miss/namaste

3 comments:

April Allen Buck said...

i hope you have such a fabulous time! we loved london..paris was kindof..eh. everything we thought would be romantic about it had been sucked dry by tourism..but the food was amazing. eat lots of crepes :) never been to spain! let me know how it goes!

Ivy said...

yay! youre back! you lied to me a couple of times about posting but youve come through so we can be friends again.
but you might want to call me back before i take you off my friends list again. just saying.

i love you my little hopping tourist. <3 <3

Shivonne said...

i absolutely HEART the return of blogger laura..how i missed her! thanks for making up with a sequential of three blogs in such a short period..i've been gobbling it up!
i'm so excited about your upcoming vaca...take hundreds of pictures so i can live vicariously through you please!
miss you lady! muah!
p.s. i adored chatting with you online yesterday..hopefully it will happen again soon!