Thursday, January 3, 2008

Beginnings & Endings

It's the new year. I'm really not big about them...I mean, people make these huge plans for "New Year's Eve", make resolutions they throw out the window by February, and get all sentimental about the previous year being over. 

*See Resolutions below*

However, I do find myself dealing with some significant changes with the arrival of 2008. I moved back to Arlington and live with my parents. I'm starting an internship that will serve as the foundation for my career. My closest friends are spread out across the globe. Brady and I are about to celebrate our 1 year anniversary in separate cities. 2008 is going to be pretty crazy, different and exciting, so I welcome it. Goodbye, Austin. Goodbye Old Laura.

Here's the Agenda for the next few weeks:

January 4: Boston gets her stitches removed 
January 5: Attend a hometown friend's wedding...wierd!
January 6: Do a little shopping for some clothes to wear to the new job (I don't want to look trampy...)
January 7: Maybe catch a movie with Bethany, catch up with some friends, pack
January 8-11: LUBBOCK FOR A GLORIOUS REUNION
January 14: My first day on the job.
*Hopefully I'll see Brady sometime this month...

Oh yea...here are my Resolutions (that will hopefully last past February)
1. Exercise regularly and try to get more flexible
2. Eat healthier (aka. not fast food for every meal)
3. Start my Prayer Journal again
4. WORK HARD.

I'm pretty confident that I'm going to enjoy 2008. 

2 comments:

Dani Dias said...

im about to do my new years post! and i just just just finished the final touches to your present, its not much, but i was anal about one part of it so it kept taking longer. i wish so much for you this next year and i can't wait to see you grow in your new job... you are gonna knock em dead with your personality, style and strength to conquer whatever's put in front of you! i love you for that and i love you period!

Ivy said...

hey! starting my prayer journal is one of my resoutions too! pretty much we have all the same resolutions except for the working hard part - i plan on not working hard at all.
i love you laura dee - i can already tell 2008 is going to be good to you!