Monday, February 4, 2008

insomnia.

i've been laying in my bed next to a sleeping chihuahua for almost 2 hours now. my body refuses to fall asleep and my mind will not slow down. "what is on your mind that is so pressing that keeps you from sleep?" you might ask. nothing. i am not really thinking about anything, it's just random songs that pop into my head, or favorite clips of movies, or funny parts of sitcoms that i had recently watched. 

maybe it's because i've been in and out of sleep for the past 2 days from having the flu. too much sleep is bad. too much sleep leads to not being able to sleep which leads to sleep deprivation which is also bad. let me just finish this thought by saying that it will be the last complaint about my life you read from this blog. 

i have decided to try something new: no matter how irritated i am or how entitled i feel, i am not going to complain any more. it has been a useless and infectious habit that i refuse to let spoil my attitude any longer. 

so in order to stop the complaining, i have devised a plan: when i feel the urge to say something negative in regards to my job or being in arlington or whatever...i'm going to turn it around and find the good in whatever is upsetting me. for example: I do not like working in menswear. but you know, i have been given the opportunity to show the top dogs of the company how hard i can work and what i'm capable of. i'm able to learn the business the hard way first, so that everything else i go through from here on out will most likely be easier. 

maybe influenza resulting in insomnia is exactly what i needed to regain my positive outlook.

3 comments:

Shivonne said...

i'm loving your positive attitude miss d! it's so hard to get that mindset when you're unsettled and worried about things and i'm proud of you for making progress on it. i love you and hope you are pretty much over the flu...talk to you soon!

Ivy said...

you are a baller.

Dani Dias said...

duddeee i totally gave up fast food and complaining for lent! :) kindred spirits!

this might be breaking my complaining but... ill try my best not to!

i love that you are doing GREAT things in arlington and daily i think and wi... wish? (thats the part im not sure if it counts as complaining or not :) you were here so we could go to ikea and eat sushi. hurry home or ill hurry to you

dani and willow dean <3