Friday, April 25, 2008

hanging in there.

that's exactly what i'm doing. 

it's all i can do, really, since the final interview yesterday was less than ideal. the ceo of fossil basically told me that he's not sure if i have enough experience with fossil since i haven't been through their 6-12 month training program (called the brand representative program). there are no brand reps available right now (they're still a-cookin in the program) and they needed someone for these positions now...they opened it up to us regulars. i'm lucky to even be considered - and i've known that all along! and they still chose me as the top candidate. yet, the one person who can veto my job offer is the one person who doesn't know if i'm qualified. wow. i'm not quite sure WHY all the other people i've interviewed with CHOSE me, or sent me to the office of the CEO if i am not qualified. seriously though, why would they make me go through all this just to come to the end and shut me down? i don't know, but it's making me a little upset, needless to say. 

whatever. 

my prayer is that IF this job would have been too difficult for me OR if i wouldn't have been happy in that position...for him to just take the opportunity away.
however, if i am capable of doing this job and will be able to enjoy it, then God will provide.

simple as that.

on to something more interesting:
i LOVE to make lists. i have a whole book dedicated to the lists i make and carry it around with me. i have them in word documents on my computer and notepads in my iphone. i just can't get enough of lists.

well...i discovered this website called listography. you can create an entire account and just MAKE LISTS. it's amazing. there is also a book you can buy called Listography that is equally amazing. i highly recommend opening an account. it's kind of like a blog...except for your LISTS. my profile is linked in the top right corner of my blog. you should check it out.

also, you should check out brady's myspace page because he wrote 2 new songs recently that are wonderful. he's such a talented musician. that's the fan in me talking, not the girlfriend :)

i'll let you girls know as soon as i find out something. thanks for your encouragement and prayers.

love/miss/namaste.

4 comments:

Whitney said...

i freaking love you. and talking to you today made me feel SOOO much better. im really glad i got you told me all about the stupid ceo at fossil. but we already talked about this.

just wanted to tell you that youre amazing and that i love you. im so proud of you for getting this far, and you should be very proud of yourself. im always here for you!!!

i love lists too!!! i will def have to check out that website.

love you. miss you. our mini reunion was pure bliss!!!!!!

Shivonne said...

oh love i feel for you! i know how much you want this and how hard you've worked you patooty off for it. i know it's hard, but you need to look at the bright side and remember how utterly amazing you are:
1. you are the TOP CANDIDATE! this is HUGE and don't you forget it missy!
2. you made it through a grueling interview process to get there
3. you've given it all you've got so don't dwell on things you can't control.
4. whatever happens, this experience will benefit you- you will be a stronger person, a more seasoned interviewee, and you have met some people in the process who may open doors for you later. everything happens for a reason. EVERYTHING.
also, we must be lomls because i totally have notebooks filled with all sorts of lists. at the moment, i have some on my laptop, some in a travel book on my vanity, and a mini notebook full of them in my purse. cannot WAIT to check out this sight! thanks for the great find!
i love and miss you crazy girl. don't get down on yourself...you're too beautiful of a person for that!

Shivonne said...

hahaha. i was just rereading over my comment (you know, to make sure it makes sense. plus, i'm not gonna lie, i like to see it after it's posted ;) and i realized i made a list.lol. totally unintentional. muah!

Ivy said...

babyposher. i've been praying and praying for you. Ever since our takl about that not so awesome CEO visit I've been thinking about you. and I know you are worrying but i dont want you to. Because if you get the job HOOOORAAAAH, but if you dont get the job then you can visit me!!!!! :) I know that God has this amazing plan for your life and that you have all the qualities human-ly possible to be the best Laura you can be. (in my eyes, youre already there.)

i love you so much i cant even say.