Tuesday, April 22, 2008

potential workin girl.

so, after a GLORIOUS weekend with whit and ivy (more on that later) i managed to finish my project for fossil. i actually pulled an all nighter - awesome.


my parents were so amazing, they both helped me (between their power naps) and i finished at 8AM. i needed to leave the house at 9AM so i had time to shower! my dad drove me since i was sleep deprived :) anyway, i turned in the project and was told i'd be contacted this afternoon. well...

I'M THE TOP CANDIDATE! NUMBER 1 NUMBER 1!! I'm scheduled to meet with the CEO and the owner of fossil on thursday to seal the deal. it's the "final interview" - the top dogs like to interview every potential employee. unless they just hate me, i'll most likely get the job! 

Hooray! 

in other news, whit and ivy came to arlington this weekend! it was totally rad. we went to six flags (and now are season pass holders - it was a good deal) and rode a ton of coasters. we also got a cool coupon book and used it for pretty much everything we purchased. we also had mimosas before we went. bad idea for me.

sunday we did a little shopping and hung out. ivy had to go home that evening :(
whitney and i went to the ft worth zoo on monday and it was neato. i loved the foxes and the giraffes and elephants and rhinos and hippos and lions. jaguars too.

OH! and whit and i got to talk to shivonne ON THE PHONE for like an hour. it was TOTALLY AWESOME. it was so good to hear her voice and hear how she's doing and what she's doing and all that great stuff. i'm so proud of her. i have the most badass friends ever. i feel so lucky to have such amazing friends to count on,  just to know that there are people in this world who love me so deeply is special. i am always encouraged. love love love. 

now i must go clean up the whirlwind of a mess i left in the tv/work room :) WORTH IT!

love/miss/namaste.

2 comments:

Shivonne said...

I KNEW IT! they love you. how could they not? i'm so dang proud of you girlie!!!! i hope i get to see your project sometime...did you take any pictures of it or anything?
also, thanks for the love in your blog-it was really hard being away from y'all, especially this weekend, but i know you are always thinking and praying for me as I do for you. and don't you worry, once i get back those season passes will totally be getting used and abused. love you lady, and oh CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

Dani Dias said...

2200 W Northloop apt 110 Austin TX 78756 :) can't wait to get your notice of employment in the mail ma! i LOVE LOVE LOVED talking to you today, you may my day even brighter!! and again i can not say how proud i am of you. i get teary eyed thinking of where we were back in doctor camp days, and how much we have grown and accomplished since then. you are forever a role model to me and i love you so much! GREAT releasing creativeLaura in that all nighter! get it gurrrrrl!