Wednesday, April 2, 2008

this is a long post.

update on Fossil: i interviewed with 4 people on monday. the interview was about 2 and a half hours long, it went well, so i'm hoping to get asked back for a 2nd interview. i also may have to do a project as part of the interview process. more on that if i hear some good news.


i also wanted to give you all a little more insight into my everyday activities at stanley korshak. i added an album to my picasa with a few photos with descriptions about all things interny (i was inspired by everyone else's recent uploads). i hope you enjoy if you choose to view. 

 
on a side note, i have a thought.
during lonestar tryouts, we'd come up with the most ridiculous questions to ask the candidates during the "speed dating" interview. one in particular has left a little bit of an impression on me because i JUST figured out my perfect answer to this question:

"if you had a theme song to your life, what would it be?"

wow. that is such a great question, yet almost impossible to answer. do you say your current favorite song? no. that will change with your life stages and taste in music. do you pick a classic song that reminds you of yourself? i can't do that...there are too many songs to choose from. so here is my answer:

"More Than A Feeling" by Boston. 
here is why. skim through the lyrics and my answer will follow:

i woke up this morning, the sun was gone
i turned on some music to start my day
i lost myself in a familiar song
i closed my eyes and i slipped away

[chorus]
it's more than a feeling
when i hear that old song they used to play
i begin dreaming
'til i see marianne walk away
i see my marianne walking away

so many people have come and gone
their faces fade as the years go by
yet i still recall as i wander on
as clear as the sun in the summer sky

[chorus]

when i'm tired and thinking cold
i hide in my music, forget the day
and dream of a girl i used to know
i closed my eyes and she slipped away
she slipped away...

[chorus].

this is the theme song of my life. not because i had a girlfriend named marianne that dumped me. but because i, too, am able to slip away into different memories, feelings, through music. i could go on about people coming and going in your life, yet they are still "clear as the sun in the summer sky" when you can just feel them. i like how this song illustrates music being sensual. you hear it and it causes you to feel...even more than a feeling...you drift into the moment.

it encompasses all songs. please listen to it immediately and find out for yourself. or at least think of me anytime you hear it from now on, because it will be the soundtrack in my head as i go through life. 

namaste. love/miss.

3 comments:

Whitney said...

ok can i just say that...
that theme song question was my question that i asked!!!! not sure if invented it, maybe i just feel like i did, but i probably didnt. but still...i definitely asked it at the tryouts!!

anywho...that is a glorious song, and i agree with you. at first i thought you were going to say "dont stop believing" bc i read your post on shivs blog. and i heard that song in the car today, too!!! and it always makes me think of yall and brings tears to me eyes.

also...you are so insightful and inspiring when you write. i love it. you make me want to be all deep and stuff! haha...too bad im just not!

but that is a really good choice for a theme song. it really is true. songs bring more than feelings. i have so many songs that bring all different sorts of memories to me and take me back to certain things throughout my life. you're so smart, l dee!!

i am always praying for you and for all your job stuff!

i miss you and love you dearly.
13 days until i see you!!

Shivonne said...

hey lovely!
i'm SUPER crazy excited about your interview prospects with fossil and i can't wait to hear more. you kick ass so you deserve a kick ass job. praying for you on that.

also...i totally remember being asked that question during try outs and it was really hard. there are so many songs that describe different parts of my life which is why i'm in love with your answer. i've always liked more than a feeling (especially since my addiction with a little game called guitar hero), and i think it is the perfect description of what music does for us. i'm totally adding it on my current faves playlist and i'll be thinking of you every time i listen. namaste girlie!

April said...

wow..why didn't i get a $162, 000 ring? geez. congrats on your smooooth interview, i want to hear all about it! i miss you :*