Tuesday, March 18, 2008

the little things.

it's little things that make me really giddy:

i still get little butterflies when i see "brady davis" on my caller id.
when people give me compliments on what i'm wearing - it makes me feel like i chose the right major and i'm not just a fashion wannabe.
when i find something freaking awesome that works out real perfect-like.
my poll tells me that the ma
jority voted "no" on hair extensions. i took your advice because it is quite costly, and hair does grow on its own. however, after a striking magazine ad (those advertising people, gotta love em), and some internet research (my favorite past-time) i found the solution to my problem, thanks to jessica simpson and ken paves (the latter i spotted at the korshak not too long ago). 
ta da!
 not quite a dumbfrick like i had first said, but it's just blah-normal.







boom shackalacka.



best of both worlds. long hair. my exact color. TEMPORARY. inexpensive. 


ok enough about my hair extensions (that look so legit in real life, might i add), i hit my less-than-4-weeks marker for the internship. that's right...i've been at this for 9 solid weeks. can you believe it's been that long already? crazy. so close. 

in other news, i spent a fantastic 3-day weekend in Hamilton with brady and his family. it was really great, i love going there - it's a wonderful town. 
as i drove away, i cried. not because i miss brady. but because i miss everyone special in my life. i live in a place where some of the most important people to me are far away. this makes me sad, and there is no other way to describe it, and there is no other way to express it except out my eyes. 

miss/love.

2 comments:

April said...

i need to see this new hair! that's uber exciting. I'm thinking about cutting mine ALL off after the wedding/before the honeymoon. My hair dryer takes up a nice chunk of space in my suitcase, valuable space I'd rather fill with clothes. Hmm. We'll see.
Miss you like crazy!
a.

Shivonne said...

laura, laura, laura. i miss you so much. i love all the little observations you have, and everytime i read you're blog i'm like- i totally know exactly what you're saying. it really is the little things in life that make my day...getting a comment from one of my favorite people on my blog, hearing the perfect song on the radio, waking up 30 minutes before your alarm goes off and knowing you can go back to sleep, and having one of my many daily experiences during which all I can think is I can't wait to tell my girls about this ;)
btw, i'm so proud of you- you're so close to finishing your internship and being able to do what you really want with your life. i can't imagine such a creative and fun person as you doing anything else, and you better believe no one ever doubts you are a fashion major. kudos to you on chasing your dream and not being discouraged when changing your major and really pursuing your dreams. i love you, your short hair, and your new fabulous extensions!