Monday, March 3, 2008

obsessed.

girls,

i have become completely obsessed with the internet lately. i'm serious. i've logged into my myspace more times in the last week than i did in the last 6 months, i've created this website just about...myself, and i've somehow linked all of these together in one mega laura-stalking paradise (for those of you who give a crap). i think i must be truly starved for interaction with the outside world or something. i didn't care about all this stuff when i was in austin. now i suppose i'm desperately trying to keep myself up-and-running in some form of media so that y'all don't forget me. i don't know why that would happen since we are all pretty freaking good at keeping up with each other being separated and all. 

update on life at rancho milk dud:
still nothing from fossil. i sent a follow-up email and got an auto-response saying "she'll be out of the office". hmmm. something fishy is going on. either that or they just forgot to formally reject me. 
i decided to not be super upset about it though. i was really mad a few days ago, going on and on about how i'm a failure and how i really really wanted that job and how it was the opportunity of a lifetime that is passing me by...blah blah wah. and then brady goes and pisses me off so bad. he says, "would you stop getting so upset about this? you're being ridiculous. this is the first real job that you've ever interviewed for in your life. you're wasting your time worrying about it." i'm like, COME ON. i can be upset about this if i want! he has a point, but i just really wanted that job... "NO BUTS" he says. "it was your first job interview. there will be plenty more opportunities like this one. everything will work out the way it's supposed to. end the sentence there." 

you want to know the thing that really made me mad? he's right. 

he told me exactly what i needed to hear. he gave me some perspective. i suppose you shouldn't get mad at someone for encouraging you. 

also, i'm taking a poll:

Laura getting hair extensions. yes or no? they'd be natural looking - using human hair. i need your feedback, girls. dani has given me all the info i need. now it's do or don't. 

4 comments:

Heather said...

Hmm hair extensions? I have seen some good ones and bad ones. I know that the ones they attach to your hair are really bad for your hair, but if they are sewn in they are better. I just know if glue or attachment things are used it is really bad for your hair.

Plus, I like your hair short! But, you should do what makes you happy! I will love L Dudney with short or long hair!

Love!

PS A Little birdy told me that we might all be wearing the same dress the April's wedding! SCHWEET! We will be twinkies!

April said...

hey lova! you know i love your hair short, so i vote no on the extensions..sorry! i KNOW you want me to tell you to do it ;)

and what's this? same dresses? i'm so outa the loop! someone inform me!

Whitney said...

hi my love! im so sorry about the job not working out so far...but its really awesome how you have perspective on it knowing that something better will come along! dont worry, youre amazing and its their loss!

my vote:
i say...i love your hair short. but i also loved it long. but extensions might be a pain in the butt and expensive. but when i ask people for a vote i hate it when they say, either way. so here ya go...i say no extensions. i love it short and just let it grow out if you want it long.

miss you and love you so much!

Shivonne said...

i'm totally with you on the whole internet thing. i absolutely NEVER got on facebook and only checked me email for school stuff in austin. now, i'm totally hooked. i facebook, blog, email every day. but i figure it's for a good purpose so i can stay up to date with you lovely ladies!

no comment here on the fossil job as i'm about to read your more updated post... i know i'm behind!

i also vote negative on the hair extensions...they seem to be a pain in the ass and though you look gorgeous every which way, i do like your hair short right now. i hope we're not raining on your parade too much...