Monday, August 17, 2009

blog suckage.

people have started to call me out for neglecting my blog. i have been unbelievably busy lately but now i'm back in action and you all can suck it.


i just posted 4 in a row, all centered around ivy's wedding and the events leading up to it (because it has been a HUGE part of my summer and i've loved every bit of it). but when i got home from houston on sunday last week, i must admit that i was sad. i had the post-bestfriend's-wedding blues. spending 4 days with those girls was such a tease. i really do love living in dallas, but i miss them. unfortunately, a lot of my friends live in cities spread across the globe. going back to work on monday, realizing that it would be a very long time until a reunion like that happened again put me in a funk. it's so weird when change is happening all around...people are getting married, graduating and starting new lives, having beautiful babies, traveling the world...and here i am, snuggled up with my chihuahua writing about my stupid hairstyle or my quest to read 52 books this year. i should probably do something interesting with my life ASAP. either that or distract myself.

luckily, the week was packed with fun things to do and even though i was still in recovery mode from the wedding week, i managed to survive work and even a retreat this weekend! the village church put on a singles road trip, so after work on friday i hopped in a van with some folks i didn't know and headed north on 35. aaron went on the trip too, and we were able to meet a lot of other people who go to the village. the group went up to oklahoma city, where we stayed at camp grounds, chilled by the lake, played some games and hung out. it went really well despite the fact that i'm socially retarded in large groups. i'm not shy, but i'm introverted - which are two very different things. all in all, i'm really glad i went :)

also excited for a relaxing week ahead. not a whole lot going on...seeing paper heart tomorrow night with my movie buddy, reeds (also known as austin). kickball tryouts for the Fossil corporate challenge team on thursday and Cibus for HH. totally diggin this place right now, i'm pretty sure it's going to be a weekly event...if you live in dallas, you are invited.

i think i'm slowly but surely getting over the blues. my next trip isn't until october for ACL (weee!) so i have lots of time to take it easy and do my thing. list as follows:

- really slacking on my reading and it's making me sad. i'm not quite on track to get to 52 in a year...so if i could get to 40 by new years i can start again :)
- super excited about my guitar learning...aaron hooked me up with a tuner (because i suck at that part) and i'm working on learning some tunes. starting with some simple stuff...
- tattoo: this has been in the works for years now and i am finally doing it. phase 1: lily.
- KH and i are moving to our new digs at the end of september, get excited.

it's 2:14 and i'm still awake on a sunday night. what the hell? why can't i sleep at NIGHT? i am not cut out for normal person hours.

love/miss/namaste.

ps. i got the new iphone 3gs and it is blowing my mind. boom.

3 comments:

Shivonne said...

yay laura is blogging again!!!!! i've missed your insights my friend. i'm glad you're settling back into your routine...i too have the post wedding blues and it's a big bummer. hopefully you're amazing blogfulness will inspire me to update my own in the near future. well, maybe the slightly farther future but i'll work on it. miss you friend!

Ivy said...

ahh when are you moving? i want to visit you in your new apt. asap. SERIOUSLY. when can i come?

Lindsey said...

Hey Laura - I just stumbled across your sweet blog! I love your writing, so cute and personal. Hope all is well!